J&K: 22 govt employees suspended for remaining absent in poll duty
Srinagar: The election authorities in south Kashmir`s Anatnag district have suspended 22 government employees for allegedly remaining absent from election duty during the ongoing panchayat polls in the state.
"The District Panchayat Election Officer Anantnag has suspended 22 government employees of various departments for unauthorisedly abstaining from election duty," an official spokesman said here today.
He said the employees were suspended yesterday after the election officer took note of their absence.
The spokesman said the employees had been appointed as Presiding and Polling officers for the ongoing panchayat elections and were supposed to impart necessary training to other poll staff.
The absence of officers had caused lot of inconvenience during the election process.
The concerned Sectoral Officers have been asked to chargesheet the suspended employees separately and furnish the same to their District Panchayat Election Office within a week’s time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!