J&K: 22 students injured in stampede at govt school
Srinagar: At least 22 students of a girls` school were injured in a stampede sparked by a fire at their campus in Budgam district, police said on Wednesday.
"Fire broke out yesterday at the government higher secondary school at Magam in Budgam after leakage of cooking gas from an LPG cylinder," a police spokesman said.
The students rushed towards a safer location, causing a stampede in which 22 girls suffered minor injuries, the spokesman said.
Police said that one room in the school building got partially burnt in the fire, which was brought under control before it could cause more damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi