J&K: 22 students injured in stampede at govt school
Srinagar: At least 22 students of a girls` school were injured in a stampede sparked by a fire at their campus in Budgam district, police said on Wednesday.
"Fire broke out yesterday at the government higher secondary school at Magam in Budgam after leakage of cooking gas from an LPG cylinder," a police spokesman said.
The students rushed towards a safer location, causing a stampede in which 22 girls suffered minor injuries, the spokesman said.
Police said that one room in the school building got partially burnt in the fire, which was brought under control before it could cause more damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded