J&K: 22 students injured in stampede at govt school
Srinagar: At least 22 students of a girls` school were injured in a stampede sparked by a fire at their campus in Budgam district, police said on Wednesday.
"Fire broke out yesterday at the government higher secondary school at Magam in Budgam after leakage of cooking gas from an LPG cylinder," a police spokesman said.
The students rushed towards a safer location, causing a stampede in which 22 girls suffered minor injuries, the spokesman said.
Police said that one room in the school building got partially burnt in the fire, which was brought under control before it could cause more damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand