J&K: 22 students injured in stampede at govt school
Srinagar: At least 22 students of a girls` school were injured in a stampede sparked by a fire at their campus in Budgam district, police said on Wednesday.
"Fire broke out yesterday at the government higher secondary school at Magam in Budgam after leakage of cooking gas from an LPG cylinder," a police spokesman said.
The students rushed towards a safer location, causing a stampede in which 22 girls suffered minor injuries, the spokesman said.
Police said that one room in the school building got partially burnt in the fire, which was brought under control before it could cause more damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah