J&K: 22 students injured in stampede at govt school
Srinagar: At least 22 students of a girls` school were injured in a stampede sparked by a fire at their campus in Budgam district, police said on Wednesday.
"Fire broke out yesterday at the government higher secondary school at Magam in Budgam after leakage of cooking gas from an LPG cylinder," a police spokesman said.
The students rushed towards a safer location, causing a stampede in which 22 girls suffered minor injuries, the spokesman said.
Police said that one room in the school building got partially burnt in the fire, which was brought under control before it could cause more damage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog