J&K: 3 arrested for supplying money to terrorists through hawala
Srinagar: Three persons were on Friday arrested for
supplying funds to terrorists through hawala and over Rs three
lakh cash was recovered from their possession in Kulgam
district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
"Kulgam police achieved a major success in unearthing a
hawala racket of raising and distributing money for various
terrorist activities in the south Kashmir district," a police
Acting on specific information, the spokesman said a
checkpoint was established by police and 18th Battalion of
CRPF and the three persons were arrested and hawala money to
the tune of Rs 3.18 lakh was recovered from their possession.
They were identified as Javaid Ahmad Shah, Nazir Ahmad
Wagay and Manzoor Ahmad Lone, he said.
The trio used to receive money through the illegal channel
on the direction of Hizbul Mujahideen militant Nazir Ahmad
Lone who is presently based in Pakistan occupied Kashmir and
is a brother of Manzoor Ahmad Lone, he said.
The spokesman said a case under section 17 of the Unlawful
Activities (Prevention) Act has been registered against the
three accued persons.
- SC agrees to hear pleas over separate exams for MBBS, BDS
- Summer special: Beat the heat, head to Ooty - In pics
- 'Good monsoon, consumer spending to see India GDP grow at 7.4% in FY17'
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh