J&K: 3 arrested for supplying money to terrorists through hawala
Srinagar: Three persons were on Friday arrested for
supplying funds to terrorists through hawala and over Rs three
lakh cash was recovered from their possession in Kulgam
district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
"Kulgam police achieved a major success in unearthing a
hawala racket of raising and distributing money for various
terrorist activities in the south Kashmir district," a police
Acting on specific information, the spokesman said a
checkpoint was established by police and 18th Battalion of
CRPF and the three persons were arrested and hawala money to
the tune of Rs 3.18 lakh was recovered from their possession.
They were identified as Javaid Ahmad Shah, Nazir Ahmad
Wagay and Manzoor Ahmad Lone, he said.
The trio used to receive money through the illegal channel
on the direction of Hizbul Mujahideen militant Nazir Ahmad
Lone who is presently based in Pakistan occupied Kashmir and
is a brother of Manzoor Ahmad Lone, he said.
The spokesman said a case under section 17 of the Unlawful
Activities (Prevention) Act has been registered against the
three accued persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'