J&K: 3 arrested for supplying money to terrorists through hawala
Srinagar: Three persons were on Friday arrested for
supplying funds to terrorists through hawala and over Rs three
lakh cash was recovered from their possession in Kulgam
district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
"Kulgam police achieved a major success in unearthing a
hawala racket of raising and distributing money for various
terrorist activities in the south Kashmir district," a police
Acting on specific information, the spokesman said a
checkpoint was established by police and 18th Battalion of
CRPF and the three persons were arrested and hawala money to
the tune of Rs 3.18 lakh was recovered from their possession.
They were identified as Javaid Ahmad Shah, Nazir Ahmad
Wagay and Manzoor Ahmad Lone, he said.
The trio used to receive money through the illegal channel
on the direction of Hizbul Mujahideen militant Nazir Ahmad
Lone who is presently based in Pakistan occupied Kashmir and
is a brother of Manzoor Ahmad Lone, he said.
The spokesman said a case under section 17 of the Unlawful
Activities (Prevention) Act has been registered against the
three accued persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why