J&K: 3 ex-militants among 4 held for drug peddling
Srinagar: Four persons, including three
former militants, involved in drug trade were on Tuesday arrested
and 1,200 Recodex bottles were recovered from their possession
in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police intercepted a vehicle carrying
the four accused at Mirgund area in Pattan town. During the
search of the vehicle, 1,200 Recodex bottles were recovered,
The accused were ferrying the medicine, used as drugs by
youths in the state, from Srinagar to Sopore, police said.
"During questioning, the accused said they were involved
in drug peddling and was ferrying the illegally procured
Recodex from Srinagar to Pattan and Sopore areas," a police
The four have been identified as Muzaffar Ahmad Bhat,
Irfan Ahmad Gazi, Azad Ahmad Wani and Arif Ahmad Sheikh.
Bhat, Gazi and Wani had been earlier arrested for their
involvement in militancy. They were later released after
completion of jail term, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing