J&K: 3 ex-militants among 4 held for drug peddling
Srinagar: Four persons, including three
former militants, involved in drug trade were on Tuesday arrested
and 1,200 Recodex bottles were recovered from their possession
in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police intercepted a vehicle carrying
the four accused at Mirgund area in Pattan town. During the
search of the vehicle, 1,200 Recodex bottles were recovered,
The accused were ferrying the medicine, used as drugs by
youths in the state, from Srinagar to Sopore, police said.
"During questioning, the accused said they were involved
in drug peddling and was ferrying the illegally procured
Recodex from Srinagar to Pattan and Sopore areas," a police
The four have been identified as Muzaffar Ahmad Bhat,
Irfan Ahmad Gazi, Azad Ahmad Wani and Arif Ahmad Sheikh.
Bhat, Gazi and Wani had been earlier arrested for their
involvement in militancy. They were later released after
completion of jail term, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened