J&K: 3 killed, 5 injured in road mishaps
Jammu: As many as three people were killed and five others injured in separate road mishaps in three districts of the state.
The driver of a trawler, identified as Dara, died on the spot yesterday and two others were injured when the vehicle skidded off the road and plunged into a deep gorge at Chambalwas in Ramban district, police said today.
The injured have been identified as Yogesh Singh and Santokh Singh, they said.
In the second incident, a boy and a girl were killed and another girl left injured when their motorcycle was hit by a vehicle on Jammu-Pathankote national highway at Chichi Mata Temple in Samba district late last night.
Two youth were also injured when their motorcycle skidded off the road and fell down the hillock in Bagh-e-Bahu area of Jammu city, police said, adding that both of them were shifted to Government Medical College (GMC) hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice