J&K: 3 men tonsure heads over relief amount
Jammu: Three Kashmiri Pandit youths Monday
tonsured their heads, demanding a hike in relief amount to the migrant community.
"We want hike in the relief amount from Rs 5,000 per
family to Rs 12,000 as we cannot feed our families with this
meagre amount," Ravinder Koul, one of the youths, told
The youths also protested against the alleged failure of
the Jammu and Kashmir government to fill over 1,500 posts
under a special PM employment package meant for the community
Over 200 Kashmiri Pandits under the aegis of `Kashmiri
Migrant Relief Holders and Over Aged Youth (KMRHOAY)` held
anti-government protest for its "failure" to fully implement
the special PM employment package.
The two other youths who shaved off their heads
protesting the government`s attitude and in support of their
demands are Ravi Pandit and Ramesh Kumar.
"Most of the youths in our community have gone over-aged
for government jobs but the JK government has failed to fulfil
its promise to fill the remaining 1,500 vacant posts," Koul
The PM had announced a special employment package of
3,000 posts for displaced Kashmiri migrants in 2007. While
1,438 posts were filled, 1,562 posts are lying vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley