J&K: 3 men tonsure heads over relief amount
Jammu: Three Kashmiri Pandit youths Monday
tonsured their heads, demanding a hike in relief amount to the migrant community.
"We want hike in the relief amount from Rs 5,000 per
family to Rs 12,000 as we cannot feed our families with this
meagre amount," Ravinder Koul, one of the youths, told
The youths also protested against the alleged failure of
the Jammu and Kashmir government to fill over 1,500 posts
under a special PM employment package meant for the community
Over 200 Kashmiri Pandits under the aegis of `Kashmiri
Migrant Relief Holders and Over Aged Youth (KMRHOAY)` held
anti-government protest for its "failure" to fully implement
the special PM employment package.
The two other youths who shaved off their heads
protesting the government`s attitude and in support of their
demands are Ravi Pandit and Ramesh Kumar.
"Most of the youths in our community have gone over-aged
for government jobs but the JK government has failed to fulfil
its promise to fill the remaining 1,500 vacant posts," Koul
The PM had announced a special employment package of
3,000 posts for displaced Kashmiri migrants in 2007. While
1,438 posts were filled, 1,562 posts are lying vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit
- Avg 49 days of employment generated in 2015-16 under MGNREGA: Govt
- Turkey`s post-coup purge: almost 16,000 detained, 50,000 fired
- Death sentences upheld for six Jamaatul Mujahideen Bangladesh militants in 2005 bombings
- Oh Air India! 11,000 flights rescheduled, 16,000 flights delayed till June 2016