J&K: 3 PDP MLCs suspended from House
Srinagar: Three opposition PDP legislators
were suspended from Tuesday`s proceeding of Jammu and Kashmir
Legislative Council after they broke into the House demanding
a discussion on the alleged custodial death of a National
Deputy Chairman Arvinder Singh Mickey suspended the three
PDP members after they did not pay heed to repeated warnings
to maintain the discipline of the House and kept on shouting
slogans demanding "killers be presented".
The trio -- Murtaza Khan, Ashraf Ali and Nizam-ud-din
Khatana -- earlier broke into the House after they were
marshalled out following an uproar over the adjournment motion
brought by them.
The PDP legislators had demanded the house business be
adjourned and discussion be held on the alleged custodial
death of NC worker Syed Mohammad Yousuf.
Mickey accepted the motion but said it will have to be
discussed when the time will be alloted.
This led to interruption of the House proceeding by the
angry PDP members who demanded the discussion be held without
any delay and kept on shouting slogans against the ruling
The trio were suspended by the Deputy Chairman after the
Leader of the House and state Sports Minister R S Chib
requested Mickey to suspend them.
The PDP legislators, while being taken away by marshals,
kept on sloganeering against the ruling National Conference.
Later, the proceedings of the House went smoothly in
absence of the PDP members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015