J&K: 3 PDP MLCs suspended from House
Srinagar: Three opposition PDP legislators
were suspended from Tuesday`s proceeding of Jammu and Kashmir
Legislative Council after they broke into the House demanding
a discussion on the alleged custodial death of a National
Deputy Chairman Arvinder Singh Mickey suspended the three
PDP members after they did not pay heed to repeated warnings
to maintain the discipline of the House and kept on shouting
slogans demanding "killers be presented".
The trio -- Murtaza Khan, Ashraf Ali and Nizam-ud-din
Khatana -- earlier broke into the House after they were
marshalled out following an uproar over the adjournment motion
brought by them.
The PDP legislators had demanded the house business be
adjourned and discussion be held on the alleged custodial
death of NC worker Syed Mohammad Yousuf.
Mickey accepted the motion but said it will have to be
discussed when the time will be alloted.
This led to interruption of the House proceeding by the
angry PDP members who demanded the discussion be held without
any delay and kept on shouting slogans against the ruling
The trio were suspended by the Deputy Chairman after the
Leader of the House and state Sports Minister R S Chib
requested Mickey to suspend them.
The PDP legislators, while being taken away by marshals,
kept on sloganeering against the ruling National Conference.
Later, the proceedings of the House went smoothly in
absence of the PDP members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth