J&K: 30 missing after vehicle falls into river
Jammu: At least 30 people were missing when the crowded minibus in which they were travelling skidded off the road and fell into the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district on Saturday, police said.
The minibus was on its way from Doda to Thhathri in the mountainous Doda district when the accident took place. Only three injured were rescued and two bodies recovered, a police official said.
According to one of the rescued passengers, there were more than 30 people on board the vehicle.
"No body has been recovered from the river so far," a police official told IANS over phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open
- Guess who? This A-list Bollywood actress can give up career to marry the man she loves
- 'Mann Ki Baat': From praising India's daughters to concern over loss of lives in Kashmir - What all PM Narendra Modi said
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore