J&K: 30 missing after vehicle falls into river
Jammu: At least 30 people were missing when the crowded minibus in which they were travelling skidded off the road and fell into the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district on Saturday, police said.
The minibus was on its way from Doda to Thhathri in the mountainous Doda district when the accident took place. Only three injured were rescued and two bodies recovered, a police official said.
According to one of the rescued passengers, there were more than 30 people on board the vehicle.
"No body has been recovered from the river so far," a police official told IANS over phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards