J&K: 30 missing after vehicle falls into river
Jammu: At least 30 people were missing when the crowded minibus in which they were travelling skidded off the road and fell into the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir`s Doda district on Saturday, police said.
The minibus was on its way from Doda to Thhathri in the mountainous Doda district when the accident took place. Only three injured were rescued and two bodies recovered, a police official said.
According to one of the rescued passengers, there were more than 30 people on board the vehicle.
"No body has been recovered from the river so far," a police official told IANS over phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing