J&K: 3,000 more jobs for Kashmiri Pandits soon
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir will advertise 3,000 more jobs for displaced Kashmiri Pandits as part of a package announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in which 6,000 people were promised employment in the valley.
The state government has already filled 3,000 posts, employing displaced Kashmiri Pandits in the Kashmir Valley, the original home of the community from where they had fled in 1990s fear of persecution by militants.
Official sources said that the government is "serious" about the rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits, a little over 300,000 of whom have settled in Jammu and other towns and cities of the country.
The government will advertise and recruit 3,000 more Kashmiri Pandits for jobs in Kashmir, in addition to those already employed there in the past one year.
Singh had announced the package in April 2008.
Besides jobs, they are getting Rs.5,000 in relief per month, free accommodation and ration. They have also been promised Rs.7.50 lakh for construction of their houses, which they left 20 years ago.
But the community leaders, according to the official sources, are asking for Rs.20 lakh and enhancement of relief amount from Rs.5,000 to Rs.8,000 per family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared