J&K: 319 posts to be created for JU, KU campuses
Jammu: J-K government is contemplating creation of 319 new posts for offsite campuses of Jammu and Kashmir universities in the state, Minister for Higher Education, Labour and Employment Abdul Gani Malik said.
"Higher Education Department will move proposals for creation of 186 positions for offsite campuses at Kashmir University and 133 positions for offsite campuses at Jammu University so that Finance and Planning department will provide concurrence for these creations", Malik said.
University authorities have been asked to submit a report about the students pursuing PG Courses in Education Institutions outside the state so that intake capacity of state Universities is increased accordingly, he said.
The Minister underscored the need for strengthening offsite (Satellite Campus) at Kashmir University and Jammu University by creation of number of positions so that job oriented modern subjects are introduced in the curriculum in these highest seats of learning, aimed to benefit enthusiastic students of the state.
The Minister was addressing a high-level officers` meeting convened here yesterday to review the pace of overall functioning of the State Universities as well as the contribution of offsite campuses of both the institutions.
The Minister sought reports and concrete suggestions from both the registrars to make the functioning of universities purposeful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in