J&K: 319 posts to be created for JU, KU campuses
Jammu: J-K government is contemplating creation of 319 new posts for offsite campuses of Jammu and Kashmir universities in the state, Minister for Higher Education, Labour and Employment Abdul Gani Malik said.
"Higher Education Department will move proposals for creation of 186 positions for offsite campuses at Kashmir University and 133 positions for offsite campuses at Jammu University so that Finance and Planning department will provide concurrence for these creations", Malik said.
University authorities have been asked to submit a report about the students pursuing PG Courses in Education Institutions outside the state so that intake capacity of state Universities is increased accordingly, he said.
The Minister underscored the need for strengthening offsite (Satellite Campus) at Kashmir University and Jammu University by creation of number of positions so that job oriented modern subjects are introduced in the curriculum in these highest seats of learning, aimed to benefit enthusiastic students of the state.
The Minister was addressing a high-level officers` meeting convened here yesterday to review the pace of overall functioning of the State Universities as well as the contribution of offsite campuses of both the institutions.
The Minister sought reports and concrete suggestions from both the registrars to make the functioning of universities purposeful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH