J&K: 33 people, mostly Amarnath pilgrims, injured in accident
Srinagar: At least 33 persons, mostly Amarnath pilgrims, were injured on Friday when a bus coming from Baltal base camp turned turtle at Sumbal in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ganderbal district, police said.
A bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims from Baltal to Srinagar turned turtle at Sumbal, 21 kilometers from here, as the driver lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a curve, a police official said.
He said 33 persons were injured in the accident.
The official said while most of the injured persons were Amarnath pilgrims, there were some locals also among the injured who had boarded the bus between Baltal and Ganderbal.
All the injured have been hospitalised, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah