J&K: 33 people, mostly Amarnath pilgrims, injured in accident
Srinagar: At least 33 persons, mostly Amarnath pilgrims, were injured on Friday when a bus coming from Baltal base camp turned turtle at Sumbal in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ganderbal district, police said.
A bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims from Baltal to Srinagar turned turtle at Sumbal, 21 kilometers from here, as the driver lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a curve, a police official said.
He said 33 persons were injured in the accident.
The official said while most of the injured persons were Amarnath pilgrims, there were some locals also among the injured who had boarded the bus between Baltal and Ganderbal.
All the injured have been hospitalised, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises