J&K: 33 people, mostly Amarnath pilgrims, injured in accident
Srinagar: At least 33 persons, mostly Amarnath pilgrims, were injured on Friday when a bus coming from Baltal base camp turned turtle at Sumbal in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ganderbal district, police said.
A bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims from Baltal to Srinagar turned turtle at Sumbal, 21 kilometers from here, as the driver lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a curve, a police official said.
He said 33 persons were injured in the accident.
The official said while most of the injured persons were Amarnath pilgrims, there were some locals also among the injured who had boarded the bus between Baltal and Ganderbal.
All the injured have been hospitalised, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post