J&K: 33 people, mostly Amarnath pilgrims, injured in accident
Srinagar: At least 33 persons, mostly Amarnath pilgrims, were injured on Friday when a bus coming from Baltal base camp turned turtle at Sumbal in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ganderbal district, police said.
A bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims from Baltal to Srinagar turned turtle at Sumbal, 21 kilometers from here, as the driver lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a curve, a police official said.
He said 33 persons were injured in the accident.
The official said while most of the injured persons were Amarnath pilgrims, there were some locals also among the injured who had boarded the bus between Baltal and Ganderbal.
All the injured have been hospitalised, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!