J&K: 33 people, mostly Amarnath pilgrims, injured in accident
Srinagar: At least 33 persons, mostly Amarnath pilgrims, were injured on Friday when a bus coming from Baltal base camp turned turtle at Sumbal in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ganderbal district, police said.
A bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims from Baltal to Srinagar turned turtle at Sumbal, 21 kilometers from here, as the driver lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a curve, a police official said.
He said 33 persons were injured in the accident.
The official said while most of the injured persons were Amarnath pilgrims, there were some locals also among the injured who had boarded the bus between Baltal and Ganderbal.
All the injured have been hospitalised, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days