J&K: 5 injured in blast; 2 LeT militants nabbed
Srinagar: A day after multiple terror strikes against security personnel in Kashmir, suspected militants on Wednesday carried out another grenade attack in a busy market place in Anantnag apparently targeting a police vehicle, leaving five civilians injured.
Unidentified militants hurled a grenade at Goriwan market in Bijbehara town, 45 kms from here, on Srinagar-Jammu national highway, around 1340 hrs, a police spokesman said. He said the grenade exploded outside a shop resulting in injuries to five civilians.
Official sources said a passing police vehicle was apparently the target of the attack but the grenade missed the vehicle. The grenade attack comes a day after a series of similar attacks targeting security forces were carried out in Srinagar and south Kashmir`s Shopian district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH