J&K: 5 injured in blast; 2 LeT militants nabbed
Srinagar: A day after multiple terror strikes against security personnel in Kashmir, suspected militants on Wednesday carried out another grenade attack in a busy market place in Anantnag apparently targeting a police vehicle, leaving five civilians injured.
Unidentified militants hurled a grenade at Goriwan market in Bijbehara town, 45 kms from here, on Srinagar-Jammu national highway, around 1340 hrs, a police spokesman said. He said the grenade exploded outside a shop resulting in injuries to five civilians.
Official sources said a passing police vehicle was apparently the target of the attack but the grenade missed the vehicle. The grenade attack comes a day after a series of similar attacks targeting security forces were carried out in Srinagar and south Kashmir`s Shopian district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam