J&K: 5 killed, 9 injured in rain-related incidents
Jammu: Five people, including three women, were killed and nine others injured in rain-related incidents in Jammu and Kashmir.
A woman and her two children were buried alive and five others were injured when their house today collapsed due to heavy rains in Barmeen village at Udhampur district, police said.
Two women washed away in flash floods triggered by heavy rains in Kathua district, they said, adding that the bodies have been fished out, they said.
Four persons were injured when a house caved in due to intermittent rains at Soit village in Rajouri district, police said.
Several inter-district roads have been blocked for vehicular traffic in view of landslides triggered by heavy downpours, which also caused flooding of Chenab, Ujh, Basantar and Tawi rivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon