J&K: 5 killed, 9 injured in rain-related incidents
Jammu: Five people, including three women, were killed and nine others injured in rain-related incidents in Jammu and Kashmir.
A woman and her two children were buried alive and five others were injured when their house today collapsed due to heavy rains in Barmeen village at Udhampur district, police said.
Two women washed away in flash floods triggered by heavy rains in Kathua district, they said, adding that the bodies have been fished out, they said.
Four persons were injured when a house caved in due to intermittent rains at Soit village in Rajouri district, police said.
Several inter-district roads have been blocked for vehicular traffic in view of landslides triggered by heavy downpours, which also caused flooding of Chenab, Ujh, Basantar and Tawi rivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!