J&K: 500 inducted in BSF as constables
Srinagar: Over 500 fresh recruits were inducted as constables in the Border Security Force (BSF), after the Passing Out Parade held at its training centre in Humhama on outskirts of the city Saturday.
Among the graduates, 320 candidates were from Bihar, 94 from Uttar Pradesh, 75 from Jharkhand, 24 from Jammu and Kashmir, 11 from Maharashtra, 7 from Odisha and 14 from other states.
Besides regular training, the cadets were trained in counter-insurgency, anti-terrorism and commando operations and also learnt field engineering, field craft and minor tactics.
The parade was attended by Inspector General (frontier) KK Sharma.
The subsidiary training centre here has so far trained 12,436 recruits, 305 Comn personnel and 3,293 Group `C` staff which includes 1,913 Kashmiri youth, some of whom are surrendered militants, a BSF spokesperson said.
The centre was established on June 10, 1990, to impart basic training to recruits and cater to the training needs of the force in Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in
- Check out the cheapest, most expensive five-star rooms in the world
- Video: Watch Mandeep Singh, Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli doing 'Bhangra'