J&K: 91 civilians killed in police firing in 2010
New Delhi: Ninety-one civilians were killed
and 494 others injured in police firing in Jammu and Kashmir in 2010, the Rajya Sabha was informed Wednesday.
"As per National Crime Record Bureau data, 91 civilians
got killed and 494 civilian got injured in police firing
during 2010 in Jammu and Kashmir," Minister of State for Home
Jitendra Singh informed Rajya Sabha in a written reply.
He, however, dismissed the suggestion that the number of
police personnel, who become victims of violence at the hands
of rioters, is highest in Kashmir in comparison to other
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'