J&K abode of pluralistic ethos: Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said communal harmony is the foundation of pluralistic civilisation and heritage of the state. "The communal harmony has been the bedrock of pluralistic civilisation and heritage of this part of the country co-existing in amity," he said during the inauguration ceremony of trade-cum-tourist infrastructure raised by the private sector in Katra belt of Reasi district.
The CM referred to the world-renowned pilgrimages of Mata Vaishno Devi in Jammu and Baba Amarnath Ji in Kashmir, saying that these have grown and nurtured in an atmosphere of "brotherhood and oneness".
Noting that J&K has been the abode of great religions, saints and sufis he highlighted the need of showcasing the rich potential of pilgrim tourism of the State to the world.
The CM said more than one crore pilgrims visit the Mata Vaishno Devi shrine yearly giving considerable fillip to the economy of the people.
Similarly, he said, over half a million pilgrims visit Amarnath shrine annually in Kashmir which enhances economic activities for the people of the state.
Omar said there was a need to divert pilgrims to conventional tourism to encourage them to visit different other tourist spots in the state.
Inviting private players to invest in developing infrastructure in Katra town, the Chief Minister said Katra is emerging as the third important town after Srinagar and Jammu in the state.
He also underlined the need of extending high class hospitality and service to the tourists and pilgrims visiting Shri Mata Vaisho Devi and other places.
Omar said creating modern tourist facilities in pilgrimage towns and other places inconsonance with environmental and ecological requirements is the need of the hour.
He said government will act as a facilitator for raising tourist infrastructure in the state by the investors in joint ventures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi