J&K announces five-day state mourning on Nelson Mandela`s death
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday announced five days of state mourning` as a mark of respect to former South African President Nelson Mandela, who passed away on Thursday night.
"As a mark of respect to Dr Nelson R Mandela the state government has decided to observe state mourning which started yesterday (December 6) till December 10," an official spokesman said here.
The national flag and the state flag will fly half-mast on all buildings and there will be no official entertainment during this period, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India