J&K announces five-day state mourning on Nelson Mandela`s death
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday announced five days of state mourning` as a mark of respect to former South African President Nelson Mandela, who passed away on Thursday night.
"As a mark of respect to Dr Nelson R Mandela the state government has decided to observe state mourning which started yesterday (December 6) till December 10," an official spokesman said here.
The national flag and the state flag will fly half-mast on all buildings and there will be no official entertainment during this period, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read