J&K: Another sarpanch attacked
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will Sunday review the security of the elected village representatives after militants targeted some of them.
A day after shooting dead a sarpanch in Baramulla district, guerrillas shot and wounded a woman panch near Sopore town late Saturday.
Officials said the chief minister cancelled a dinner with his ministers and party colleagues here to head to Srinagar for the meeting.
Officials said Abdullah, who also heads the home ministry, has taken the security of elected village representatives "very seriously".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city