J&K: Another sarpanch attacked
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will Sunday review the security of the elected village representatives after militants targeted some of them.
A day after shooting dead a sarpanch in Baramulla district, guerrillas shot and wounded a woman panch near Sopore town late Saturday.
Officials said the chief minister cancelled a dinner with his ministers and party colleagues here to head to Srinagar for the meeting.
Officials said Abdullah, who also heads the home ministry, has taken the security of elected village representatives "very seriously".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued