J&K: Another sarpanch attacked
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will Sunday review the security of the elected village representatives after militants targeted some of them.
A day after shooting dead a sarpanch in Baramulla district, guerrillas shot and wounded a woman panch near Sopore town late Saturday.
Officials said the chief minister cancelled a dinner with his ministers and party colleagues here to head to Srinagar for the meeting.
Officials said Abdullah, who also heads the home ministry, has taken the security of elected village representatives "very seriously".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers