J&K: Another sarpanch attacked
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah will Sunday review the security of the elected village representatives after militants targeted some of them.
A day after shooting dead a sarpanch in Baramulla district, guerrillas shot and wounded a woman panch near Sopore town late Saturday.
Officials said the chief minister cancelled a dinner with his ministers and party colleagues here to head to Srinagar for the meeting.
Officials said Abdullah, who also heads the home ministry, has taken the security of elected village representatives "very seriously".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray