J&K approves 10% DA for govt employees, pensioners
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government today approved release of 10 per cent Dearness Allowance (DA) instalment which will be effective from July 2013.
The Cabinet, which met here today under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, sanctioned the release of 10 per cent DA instalment, raising the total DA of the state government employees from 80 per cent to 90 per cent with effect from July 1, 2013, an official spokesman said.
The DA arrears with effect from July 2013 to February 2014 shall be paid to the employees through the GP Fund route and the enhancement in DA shall form part of the monthly salary from March 2014, he said.
The arrears on account of the enhanced rate of DA from July, 2013 to December, 2013 shall be paid in cash to the state government pensioners/family pensioners in the month of January, 2014 and shall form part of the monthly pension thereafter, the spokesman said.
Payment of DA arrears to the government employees governed by the New Pension Scheme (NPS) from July 2013 to December 2013 shall be paid in cash in the month of January 2014.
The employees` share at the rate of 10 per cent shall be deducted at source and credited to their respective PRAN (Permanent Retirement Account Number) along with the matching share by the employer.
Thereafter, the enhancement in the DA by 10 per cent shall form part of their monthly salary, he said.
In another decision, the cabinet also approved passenger fare revision and directed the State Transport Authority to fix the maximum chargeable fare in respect of various categories of vehicles over and above the existing fares and accordingly issue a detailed notification specifying revised route wise fare with immediate effect, he said.
The Cabinet also accorded sanction to the creation of additional staff for J&K Legal Services Authority including one post of Under Secretary, 4 posts of Head Assistants and 10 posts of Senior Assistants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal