J&K: Army recruitment drive receives good response
Srinagar: A week-long recruitment drive
by the Army in Anantnag district has registered "very good"
response with about 6,000 youth from across Kashmir turning up for it, a senior official said.
"About 6,000 candidates have reported for the
recruitment till today. The open recruitment rally at High
ground in Anantnag district was flagged off on March 12,"
Deputy Director General Recruiting (Punjab and J&K) Brigadier
Vinod Raizada told reporters.
The huge turnout suggests that "the youth has realised
the importance of the Army and are exhibiting keen desire to
join the force," he said.
There would be more recruitment rallies to give
opportunities to all aspirants in the state and these were
part of efforts by the Army in generating employment for the
youth of the Kashmir, he said.
On administrative support for the Anantnag rally, he said
that it was being provided by 1 Sector Rashtriya Rifles under
the aegis of Victor Force and district administration of
General Officer Commanding, Victor Force, Major
General Gurdeep Singh, had visited the rally yesterday, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali