J&K Assembly asks govt to check noise pollution
Srinagar: The committee on environment of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly has asked the state government to take urgent measures to check noise pollution in and around hospitals.
"The authorities should take urgent measures for checking noise pollution in all hospitals, particularly G B Pant which is the only specialised children`s hospital in the Valley," CPI(M) state Secretary of CPI(M) and MLA M Y Tarigami said while chairing a meeting of the Committee here yesterday.
Tarigami also asked the authorities to expedite identification of land in the city for setting up of bio-medical waste plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt