J&K Assembly asks govt to check noise pollution
Srinagar: The committee on environment of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly has asked the state government to take urgent measures to check noise pollution in and around hospitals.
"The authorities should take urgent measures for checking noise pollution in all hospitals, particularly G B Pant which is the only specialised children`s hospital in the Valley," CPI(M) state Secretary of CPI(M) and MLA M Y Tarigami said while chairing a meeting of the Committee here yesterday.
Tarigami also asked the authorities to expedite identification of land in the city for setting up of bio-medical waste plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?