J&K Assembly asks govt to check noise pollution
Srinagar: The committee on environment of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly has asked the state government to take urgent measures to check noise pollution in and around hospitals.
"The authorities should take urgent measures for checking noise pollution in all hospitals, particularly G B Pant which is the only specialised children`s hospital in the Valley," CPI(M) state Secretary of CPI(M) and MLA M Y Tarigami said while chairing a meeting of the Committee here yesterday.
Tarigami also asked the authorities to expedite identification of land in the city for setting up of bio-medical waste plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!