J&K Assembly asks govt to check noise pollution
Srinagar: The committee on environment of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly has asked the state government to take urgent measures to check noise pollution in and around hospitals.
"The authorities should take urgent measures for checking noise pollution in all hospitals, particularly G B Pant which is the only specialised children`s hospital in the Valley," CPI(M) state Secretary of CPI(M) and MLA M Y Tarigami said while chairing a meeting of the Committee here yesterday.
Tarigami also asked the authorities to expedite identification of land in the city for setting up of bio-medical waste plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter