J&K Assembly asks govt to check noise pollution
Srinagar: The committee on environment of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly has asked the state government to take urgent measures to check noise pollution in and around hospitals.
"The authorities should take urgent measures for checking noise pollution in all hospitals, particularly G B Pant which is the only specialised children`s hospital in the Valley," CPI(M) state Secretary of CPI(M) and MLA M Y Tarigami said while chairing a meeting of the Committee here yesterday.
Tarigami also asked the authorities to expedite identification of land in the city for setting up of bio-medical waste plant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees