J&K Assembly passes eight bills
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Assembly today passed eight bills including one related to juveniles in conflict with law.
A Bill to consolidate and amend the law related to juveniles in conflict with law and children in need of care and protection, was moved by Minister for Social Welfare Sakina Itoo, which was passed by voice vote after minor changes.
Minister for Finance and Ladakh Affairs, Abdul Rahim Rather moved a Bill to amend the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services Decentralisation and Recruitment Act, 2010 and another one to amend the Jammu and Kashmir Value Added Tax Act, 2005.
Rather also moved a Bill to amend the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services (Special Provisions) Act, 2010.
All three bills were passed by voice vote after discussion.
Labour and Employment Minister Ajay Kumar Sadhotra moved a Bill to amend the Jammu and Kashmir Employees` Provident Funds (and Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1961 to increase PF from 10.33 per cent to 14 per cent.
The Bill was initially passed with amendments from 12 per cent to 14 per cent, but after the House spotted the mistake, it passed the original Bill by voice vote after discussion.
Minister for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Mir Saifullah moved a Bill to amend the Salaries and Allowances of Member of the Jammu and Kashmir State Legislature Act, 1960.
Minister of state for Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation, Ajaz Ahmed Khan moved a Bill to amend the Jammu and Kashmir Transfer of Property Act, Samvat 1977 and the Jammu and Kashmir Alienation of land Act, Samvat 1995.
The Bills were passed by voice vote.
Minister of state for Tourism, Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo moved a Bill to provide better management, administration and governance of Mata Sukhrala Devi and Mata Bala Sundari shrines and its endowments including the land and buildings, which was also passed by voice vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!