J&K Assembly passes PSA amendment bill
Jammu: Bill to amend Jammu and Kashmir Public Safety Act was among the 11 bills passed by the state Assembly here on Wednesday.
As per the amendment in Jammu and Kashmir Public Safety Act 1978, no person below the age of 18 can be arrested.
The House also passed bills to amend J&K Development Act 1970, J&K Municipal Act 2000 and J&K Municipal Corporation Act 2000, J&K Non Bio Degradable Material (Management, Handling and Disposal) Act 2007.
Besides, bill to provide for the facilitation of inclusive growth and slum-free cities, lay down general principles applicable to slum-free cities in all spheres of Government and according property rights to slum dwellers among others were passed by the Assembly.
The state government also tabled 20 reports, including CAG and State Human Rights Commission Report, in the Assembly on the concluding day of the budget session.
The reports included annual report of State Electricity Regulatory Commission for the year 2009-10; 52nd, 53rd and 54th Annual Reports of the JK Public Service Commission for the years 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-11; and annual Report of the State Human Rights commission for the year 2010-11.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah expressed satisfaction on the successful completion of the budget session.
"We are satisfied on the successful completion of the budget session...There was productive, purposeful and a long session during which matters of important public concerns were deliberated upon extensively in the House," he said in his address to the Legislative Assembly members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan