J&K Assembly pays tributes to Gujral, others
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Thursday paid glowing tributes to former prime minister IK Gujral and several state politicians, including MLAs, who died since the last session of the House.
The members lauded their contributions in improving the lot of the people and society during obituary references in the House.
Paying tributes, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said late Gujral propounded a theory known as "Gujral Doctrine" which laid stress on good relations between neighbouring nations.
The doctrine was still relevant, he said.
The House also paid tributes to former minister Abdul Aziz Zergar and former MLAs Ghulam Nabi Wani, Dhan Raj Bhargotra, Dhain Singh Kalhotra and Syeda Sugra Salma Samnani among others.
They all died since the last session of the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Gold smuggling: Government loses over $1 billion in revenue
- Govt rejects Infosys proposal to set up IT SEZ in West Bengal
- Urjit Patel as new RBI head to ensure continuity: Mundra
- Manipur tribals to observe unity day on Aug 31
- India is 7th wealthiest country in the world, ahead of Canada, Australia and Italy