J&K Assembly pays tributes to Gujral, others
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Thursday paid glowing tributes to former prime minister IK Gujral and several state politicians, including MLAs, who died since the last session of the House.
The members lauded their contributions in improving the lot of the people and society during obituary references in the House.
Paying tributes, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said late Gujral propounded a theory known as "Gujral Doctrine" which laid stress on good relations between neighbouring nations.
The doctrine was still relevant, he said.
The House also paid tributes to former minister Abdul Aziz Zergar and former MLAs Ghulam Nabi Wani, Dhan Raj Bhargotra, Dhain Singh Kalhotra and Syeda Sugra Salma Samnani among others.
They all died since the last session of the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet