J&K Assembly pays tributes to Gujral, others
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Thursday paid glowing tributes to former prime minister IK Gujral and several state politicians, including MLAs, who died since the last session of the House.
The members lauded their contributions in improving the lot of the people and society during obituary references in the House.
Paying tributes, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said late Gujral propounded a theory known as "Gujral Doctrine" which laid stress on good relations between neighbouring nations.
The doctrine was still relevant, he said.
The House also paid tributes to former minister Abdul Aziz Zergar and former MLAs Ghulam Nabi Wani, Dhan Raj Bhargotra, Dhain Singh Kalhotra and Syeda Sugra Salma Samnani among others.
They all died since the last session of the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?