J&K Assembly pays tributes to Gujral, others
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Thursday paid glowing tributes to former prime minister IK Gujral and several state politicians, including MLAs, who died since the last session of the House.
The members lauded their contributions in improving the lot of the people and society during obituary references in the House.
Paying tributes, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said late Gujral propounded a theory known as "Gujral Doctrine" which laid stress on good relations between neighbouring nations.
The doctrine was still relevant, he said.
The House also paid tributes to former minister Abdul Aziz Zergar and former MLAs Ghulam Nabi Wani, Dhan Raj Bhargotra, Dhain Singh Kalhotra and Syeda Sugra Salma Samnani among others.
They all died since the last session of the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad