J&K Assembly pays tributes to Gujral, others
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Thursday paid glowing tributes to former prime minister IK Gujral and several state politicians, including MLAs, who died since the last session of the House.
The members lauded their contributions in improving the lot of the people and society during obituary references in the House.
Paying tributes, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said late Gujral propounded a theory known as "Gujral Doctrine" which laid stress on good relations between neighbouring nations.
The doctrine was still relevant, he said.
The House also paid tributes to former minister Abdul Aziz Zergar and former MLAs Ghulam Nabi Wani, Dhan Raj Bhargotra, Dhain Singh Kalhotra and Syeda Sugra Salma Samnani among others.
They all died since the last session of the Assembly.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note