J&K Assembly sends temple bill to Select Committee
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on Friday sent the temple bill providing for better management, protection, administration and governance of Hindu shrines in the state to Select Committee of the House, amid opposition by some members who sought its passage in the original form.
The Kashmiri Hindu Shrines and Religious Places (Management and Regulation) Bill of 2009 was introduced in the House for passage by Minister for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Mir Saifullah.
Commencing the discussion, Congress member Ashok Kumar welcomed the government`s initiative, but sought its sending to the Select Committee to address some of the "lacunae".
He was supported by National Conference members Peer Afaq, Javed Ahmed Dar and Mustafa Kamaal, who also demanded a re-look into the bill.
A group of members including M Y Tarigami of CPI(M), Ashwani Kumar Sharma of JSM and and Independent MLA Abdul Rashid, however, sought passage of the bill in its original form.
Tarigami rejected the notion of more study into the bill, stating that it is already delayed by four years.
Replying to the discussion, Saifullah said he is ready for sending the bill to the Select Committee, following which the same was then sent to the committee by Speaker Mubarak Gul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly