J&K Assembly to discuss VK Singh`s charges on Saturday
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Assembly will discuss on Saturday the allegations levelled by former Army Chief General (Retd) V K Singh that politicians in the state were paid money by army to get certain jobs done.
As soon as the House met for the day, Opposition PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti sought to know from Speaker Mubarak Gul when the discussion on the allegations levelled by Gen Singh will he held.
"Our image has been maligned by his (Singh) allegations. I want to know when you are going to conduct the discussion," Mehbooba said.
She said National Conference patron Farooq Abdullah had reportedly said that Omar Abdullah before becoming the Chief Minister had a gun pointed at him by an army personnel.
"He also claimed that army had influenced the elections. This needs to be discussed," she added.
Gul said a discussion on the allegations levelled by the former army chief will be held tomorrow.
"There is a motion moved by PDP, a resolution by M Y Tarigami to condemn the statement (of Gen Singh)...Other members also want to discuss it. A discussion will be held tomorrow," the Speaker said.
A report in a national English daily last month claimed that a secret army intelligence unit, set up during Gen Singh`s tenure as Chief of Army Staff, paid money to a Jammu and Kashmir minister to topple the Omar Abdullah-led government in 2010.
Gen Singh has rejected the allegations that money was paid to topple the government of the day and later clarified that funds had been given to many ministers in the state right since Independence to get certain jobs done.
Ruling National Conference has demanded a CBI inquiry into the allegations. The ministers of the ruling party have also moved a privilege motion against the former army chief, which is pending before the Speaker for a ruling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'