J&K Assembly to take up Afzal mercy plea on Sep 28
Srinagar: The resolution seeking clemency for Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru will be tabled in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on September 28, an official said on Saturday.
The resolution has been submitted to the Assembly speaker by independent legislator Engineer Rashid. The draw of lots for the resolutions was conducted by the Assembly secretariat in presence of the media here Saturday.
"The resolution submitted by Engineer Rashid, representing the Langate Assembly constituency, was drawn as the second resolution from among the seven resolutions which would be tabled in the Assembly.”
"The resolution will now be tabled in the Assembly Sep 28," an official of the Assembly secretariat said.
The decision to table the resolution in the State Assembly seeking clemency for Afzal Guru was announced by Engineer Rashid here earlier this month.
The opposition People`s Democratic Party (PDP) has already said it will vote in favour of the resolution.
The ruling National Conference, as per the statement issued by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, will decide on the matter at its legislature party meet to be headed by patron Farooq Abdullah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened