J&K Assembly to take up Afzal mercy plea on Sep 28
Srinagar: The resolution seeking clemency for Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru will be tabled in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly on September 28, an official said on Saturday.
The resolution has been submitted to the Assembly speaker by independent legislator Engineer Rashid. The draw of lots for the resolutions was conducted by the Assembly secretariat in presence of the media here Saturday.
"The resolution submitted by Engineer Rashid, representing the Langate Assembly constituency, was drawn as the second resolution from among the seven resolutions which would be tabled in the Assembly.”
"The resolution will now be tabled in the Assembly Sep 28," an official of the Assembly secretariat said.
The decision to table the resolution in the State Assembly seeking clemency for Afzal Guru was announced by Engineer Rashid here earlier this month.
The opposition People`s Democratic Party (PDP) has already said it will vote in favour of the resolution.
The ruling National Conference, as per the statement issued by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, will decide on the matter at its legislature party meet to be headed by patron Farooq Abdullah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday