J&K attack: Terrorists came from across the border, says Shinde
New Delhi: Four terrorists, who carried out attacks in Jammu region, came from across the border this morning, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said.
According to preliminary reports, the terrorists infiltrated into India early this morning and launched the audacious attack - first on a police station and then on an army camp, he said.
"As per preliminary information, the four terrorists came from across the border," the Minister told reporters here.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami said that the encounter between the terrorists and the security forces was still going on in Samba.
Goswami said according to initial reports, the group -- numbering three or four -- attacked a police station in Hiranagar and then an army camp near Samba district headquarters.
"The encounter is still going on. We waiting for the detailed report," he said.
Militants dressed in army fatigues stormed a police station and an army camp in Jammu region, killing eight persons including a Lt Colonel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know