J&K avalanche: Armyman cremated with honours
Pathankot: Army jawan Amit Sharma, who died
in the devastating avalanche in Jammu and Kashmir on January
23 while saving three fellow Armymen, was on Saturday cremated with
full military honours at his native Mammun village here.
Floral tributes were paid to Amit as a large number of
mourners gathered at his residence to console the aggrieved
Amit, who joined Army around 10 years ago, laid down
his life in Thursday`s avalanche while trying to rescue
another companion after saving lives of three army men, an
Army official said here.
His wife Neetu said Amit had called home few minutes
before the avalanche took place and had promised to visit the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS