J&K avalanche: Armyman cremated with honours
Pathankot: Army jawan Amit Sharma, who died
in the devastating avalanche in Jammu and Kashmir on January
23 while saving three fellow Armymen, was on Saturday cremated with
full military honours at his native Mammun village here.
Floral tributes were paid to Amit as a large number of
mourners gathered at his residence to console the aggrieved
Amit, who joined Army around 10 years ago, laid down
his life in Thursday`s avalanche while trying to rescue
another companion after saving lives of three army men, an
Army official said here.
His wife Neetu said Amit had called home few minutes
before the avalanche took place and had promised to visit the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?