J&K avalanche: Armyman cremated with honours
Pathankot: Army jawan Amit Sharma, who died
in the devastating avalanche in Jammu and Kashmir on January
23 while saving three fellow Armymen, was on Saturday cremated with
full military honours at his native Mammun village here.
Floral tributes were paid to Amit as a large number of
mourners gathered at his residence to console the aggrieved
Amit, who joined Army around 10 years ago, laid down
his life in Thursday`s avalanche while trying to rescue
another companion after saving lives of three army men, an
Army official said here.
His wife Neetu said Amit had called home few minutes
before the avalanche took place and had promised to visit the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption