J&K begins process to appoint CVC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has
begun the process of appointment of Chief Vigilance
Commissioner (CVC) and Vigilance Commissioners to the State
Consequent to the issuance of guidelines for appointment
of Chief Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioners
under J-K Vigilance Commission (Amendment) Act, 2011, General
Administrative Department (GAD) has invited nominations for
appointment of Chief Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance
In this direction, Additional Secretary GAD Simrandeep
Singh has recently issued circulars to all Administrative
Secretaries notifying them that the last date for receipt of
nomination for appointment of Chief Vigilance Commissioner and
Vigilance Commissioners has been fixed as February 10, 2012.
The Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Commission came in
force last year after the state Assembly passed the bill to
set up a commission in Jammu and Kashmir.
The commission will be headed by the Chief Vigilance
Commissioner and will have two Vigilance Commissioners as its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali