J&K begins process to appoint CVC
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has
begun the process of appointment of Chief Vigilance
Commissioner (CVC) and Vigilance Commissioners to the State
Consequent to the issuance of guidelines for appointment
of Chief Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioners
under J-K Vigilance Commission (Amendment) Act, 2011, General
Administrative Department (GAD) has invited nominations for
appointment of Chief Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance
In this direction, Additional Secretary GAD Simrandeep
Singh has recently issued circulars to all Administrative
Secretaries notifying them that the last date for receipt of
nomination for appointment of Chief Vigilance Commissioner and
Vigilance Commissioners has been fixed as February 10, 2012.
The Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Commission came in
force last year after the state Assembly passed the bill to
set up a commission in Jammu and Kashmir.
The commission will be headed by the Chief Vigilance
Commissioner and will have two Vigilance Commissioners as its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert