J&K: Bhim Singh campaigns for Sangma
Imphal: Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers` Party Bhim Singh on Friday appealed to MLAs and MPs of regional political parties in the North East for a `conscience vote` for BJP-backed presidential candidate PA Sangma.
Since the Presidential election would be held through secret voting, one should exercise their conscience to elect the right person, Singh told media persons here.
Stating that Sangma did not belong to any political party, Singh said UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee, on the other hand, belonged to a political party.
Singh, a close associate of late former Manipur deputy chief minister and senior Congress leader I Tompok Singh, said Sangma was qualified to represent India which needed a president to represent her voice with sagacity, understanding, cultural heritage and goodwill at home and abroad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India