J&K: Bhim Singh campaigns for Sangma
Imphal: Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers` Party Bhim Singh on Friday appealed to MLAs and MPs of regional political parties in the North East for a `conscience vote` for BJP-backed presidential candidate PA Sangma.
Since the Presidential election would be held through secret voting, one should exercise their conscience to elect the right person, Singh told media persons here.
Stating that Sangma did not belong to any political party, Singh said UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee, on the other hand, belonged to a political party.
Singh, a close associate of late former Manipur deputy chief minister and senior Congress leader I Tompok Singh, said Sangma was qualified to represent India which needed a president to represent her voice with sagacity, understanding, cultural heritage and goodwill at home and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees