J&K: Bhim Singh campaigns for Sangma
Imphal: Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers` Party Bhim Singh on Friday appealed to MLAs and MPs of regional political parties in the North East for a `conscience vote` for BJP-backed presidential candidate PA Sangma.
Since the Presidential election would be held through secret voting, one should exercise their conscience to elect the right person, Singh told media persons here.
Stating that Sangma did not belong to any political party, Singh said UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee, on the other hand, belonged to a political party.
Singh, a close associate of late former Manipur deputy chief minister and senior Congress leader I Tompok Singh, said Sangma was qualified to represent India which needed a president to represent her voice with sagacity, understanding, cultural heritage and goodwill at home and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16