J&K: BJP expels 6 MLAs for cross-voting
Jammu: The BJP on Friday expelled six of its
MLAs for defying the party whip in the Jammu and Kashmir
Assembly and approached the Speaker to disqualify them from
the House for cross-voting in the Legislative Council polling.
Those who have been expelled from the party with
immediate effect are Bharat Bhushan, Gharu Ram Bhagat, Durga
Das, Baldev Raj, Jagdish Sapolia and Lal Chand, state BJP
spokesperson Nirmal Kamal told reporters here today.
Former BJP Legislature Party leader Chaman Lal Gupta has
already been expelled from the primary membership of the party
for six years for "gross indiscipline".
Gupta was expelled on May 31 after seven of the 11 BJP
MLAs voted for the NC-Congress alliance candidates in the
April 13 polling for the Upper House.
New BJP Legislature Party Leader Jugal Kishore said the
Speaker has already been approached to disqualify them from
the membership of the House under the anti-defection law.
"We have written to the Election Commission and the
Speaker of JK Assembly in this regard," Kamal said.
The BJP had earlier suspended these seven MLAs from the
party and referred the matter to its Central Disciplinary
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy