J&K BJP urges people to join Modi`s June 23 rally
Jammu: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state unit on Wednesday appealed to the people to turn out in large numbers for the party`s June 23 rally in Madhopur, slated to be addressed by its newly anointed national election campaign chairman Narendra Modi.
"This is going to be one of Modi`s first visits to any state after taking over as chairman of BJP`s national election campaign committee," BJP state president Jugal Kishore Sharma said while making the appeal for the rally to be held on the border of Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab.
Interestingly, the scheduled visit of senior BJP leader L K Advani to Jammu on the same day has been cancelled, owing to his engagements in Delhi.
"June 23, when Modi is scheduled to arrive at Madhopur, holds special significance for BJP because it was on this day in 1953, Jan Sangh founder Dr Shyama Prasad Mookerjee died in a Srinagar jail," Sharma said.
"People of the state are keen to hear Modi`s views on the current situation in the country and future roadmap to get rid of corruption and mis-governance of the UPA rule," he said.
On Modi being pitted as a divisive and communal force, Sharma added, "This question has been long settled now and people know this is a false propaganda by those who are scared of the ever growing popularity of Narendra Modi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India