J&K: Body of missing girl recovered from river
Srinagar: Body of a 15-year-old girl, who went missing since November 22, was on Saturday fished out from river Sindh in Ganderbal district of central Kashmir, official sources said.
Akhter Rashid, a resident of Rizan Gund village, went missing after she left her home to wash clothes at the river on Thursday, the sources said.
They said that the body was recovered from river Sindh near Gohipora-Gund, 55 kms from here.
The body was handed over to the family members for last rites after completion of all legal formalities, the sources said adding, police has initiated inquest proceeding to ascertain the cause of death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown