J&K: Body of missing girl recovered from river
Srinagar: Body of a 15-year-old girl, who went missing since November 22, was on Saturday fished out from river Sindh in Ganderbal district of central Kashmir, official sources said.
Akhter Rashid, a resident of Rizan Gund village, went missing after she left her home to wash clothes at the river on Thursday, the sources said.
They said that the body was recovered from river Sindh near Gohipora-Gund, 55 kms from here.
The body was handed over to the family members for last rites after completion of all legal formalities, the sources said adding, police has initiated inquest proceeding to ascertain the cause of death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands