J&K: Body of missing girl recovered from river
Srinagar: Body of a 15-year-old girl, who went missing since November 22, was on Saturday fished out from river Sindh in Ganderbal district of central Kashmir, official sources said.
Akhter Rashid, a resident of Rizan Gund village, went missing after she left her home to wash clothes at the river on Thursday, the sources said.
They said that the body was recovered from river Sindh near Gohipora-Gund, 55 kms from here.
The body was handed over to the family members for last rites after completion of all legal formalities, the sources said adding, police has initiated inquest proceeding to ascertain the cause of death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state