J&K: Body of missing girl recovered from river
Srinagar: Body of a 15-year-old girl, who went missing since November 22, was on Saturday fished out from river Sindh in Ganderbal district of central Kashmir, official sources said.
Akhter Rashid, a resident of Rizan Gund village, went missing after she left her home to wash clothes at the river on Thursday, the sources said.
They said that the body was recovered from river Sindh near Gohipora-Gund, 55 kms from here.
The body was handed over to the family members for last rites after completion of all legal formalities, the sources said adding, police has initiated inquest proceeding to ascertain the cause of death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday