J&K: BSF Deputy Commandant`s body recovered
Jammu: The body of a missing BSF Deputy Commandant, who along with a sepoy was washed away in a flash flood in Rajouri district this week, was recovered after a 55-hour-long operation.
After pressing into service sniffer dogs, army divers and personnel from the National Disaster Management Force in Rajouri`s Noushera belt, the body of Deputy Commandant Tarun Gupta was found last evening, BSF officials said.
The body, which was found 28-km downstream near Julla bridge, was brought to the BSF camp at Sunderbani, they said.
It was consigned to flames today in the presence of senior BSF officers and family members.
Gupta`s body was found in a highly decomposed state and could not be taken to his native place in Rajasthan, the officials said.
The body of sepoy (constable driver) Uday Kumar was found in a water channel close to the Line of Control on July 27, they said.
It was brought to Jammu and was airlifted to his native place in Bangalore yesterday, the officials said.
On Thursday, Gupta and Kumar went missing after their Maruti Gypsy was washed away in a flash flood.
The incident happened when they were crossing the Seeri rivulet while patrolling the area near the forward belt along the Indo-Pak border, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?