J&K: BSF man goes missing in Udhampur
Jammu: A Border Security Force man has gone missing from the BSF camp in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Thursday.
"As per the report, BSF man Ganesh Kumar, who served as a cook, went missing from the camp in Rond Domial area in the district on July 27," a senior police officer of Udhampur district said today.
The BSF, however, lodged a missing complaint only six days later, he said, adding, a probe into the case has begun.
Meanwhile, alleging police inaction in tracing Kumar, his family and residents of Ramnagar staged a protest outside the office of the Senior Superintendent of Police, Udhampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs