J&K: BSF man goes missing in Udhampur
Jammu: A Border Security Force man has gone missing from the BSF camp in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Thursday.
"As per the report, BSF man Ganesh Kumar, who served as a cook, went missing from the camp in Rond Domial area in the district on July 27," a senior police officer of Udhampur district said today.
The BSF, however, lodged a missing complaint only six days later, he said, adding, a probe into the case has begun.
Meanwhile, alleging police inaction in tracing Kumar, his family and residents of Ramnagar staged a protest outside the office of the Senior Superintendent of Police, Udhampur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days