J&K CIC direct officers for prompt disposal of applications
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) G R Sofi on Sunday directed officers for prompt disposal of applications of RTI cases in the state.
Sofi, who held a detailed interaction session with Public Information Officers (PIOs) and Assistant Public Information Officers (APIOs) in Poonch district, said "officers should promptly dispose of applications of RTI cases".
Speaking at the session, Sofi said that each individual of the state have the legal right to obtain certified copies of information regarding official status of any matter from a PIO of concerned department by tendering a written application accompanied by prescribed fee.
He said that the officers are under obligation to provide the information sought under RTI unless debarred by law.
The CIC appreciated the measures taken by the district administration in disseminating awareness regarding various provisions of Right to Information (RTI) Act.
As many as 319 RTI applications were received during current fiscal year till ending September, out of which 280 application were disposed off, whereas rest applications are under process of disposal, the CIC was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family