close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

J&K CM confirms leads in Delhi HC blast probe

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has condemned Wednesday`s bomb explosion in New Delhi that killed 12 people and injured 75.



Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has condemned Wednesday`s bomb explosion in New Delhi that killed 12 people and injured 75.

He said that his government would extend all cooperation to the investigating agencies and provide them with all the information. He also offered his condolences to all the victims and their families on Thursday.

He stated that the government should nab the perpetrators, and ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future.

"I myself yesterday, both through the media as well as through my own twitter page condemned this blast. We have expressed our sympathies with the families of those who lost their lives in this most unfortunate incident. We pray to god that their families have the strength to deal with this tragedy and also that those that are injured make a quick and complete recovery. Obviously the nation demands answers it is the responsibility of those who are tasked with protecting this country that they must provide the answers as to who was responsible for this and what can be done to ensure that attacks like this do not succeed in the future," said Abdullah.

Authorities are investigating the claim of responsibility allegedly made in the e-mail by the Harkat-ul-Jihad Islami (HUJI) militant group, an al Qaeda affiliate with bases in Pakistan and Bangladesh. It has claimed responsibility for attacks in India in the past.

In an e-mail to the National Investigation Agency (NIA), the South Asian militant group called on India to repeal the death sentence of a man convicted in connection with an attack on the Indian Parliament in 2001 and warned it would otherwise target major courts in the country.

Senior police officers said that they had detained the owner of an Internet cafe in the Kishtwar region in Kashmir where they suspect the e-mail was sent from early on Wednesday.

Abdullah, however refused to provide any details, but informed that certain leads had been attained and information shall be shared with the NIA.

"Obviously certain leads have been shared, investigations are ongoing. We will share our findings with the NIA (National Intelligence Agency) and they will take it further," he added.

Sketches of two suspects have been released to the public.

In May, a low-intensity blast outside the same High Court in Delhi triggered panic but injured no one.

ANI

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions