J&K CM directs dispatching relief trucks to curfew-bound areas
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister
Omar Abdullah on Thursday chaired a high-level meeting to review the
supplies of medicine, baby food and other essential items and
directed the ministry concerned to make them available to the
people in curfew-bound areas.
The government also made its secretariat functional by
asking the government officials to join the duty and 660
employees out of approximately 1800 turned up.
During the meeting, Omar discussed the supplies of
medicines, baby food, LPG and other essential items in Kashmir
Valley and directed the Consumer Affairs and Public
Distribution Department to carry such supplies to various
areas which have been curfew-bound for some days.
A special thrust was laid on supply of baby food as the
Chief Minister said that his office had received requests from
certain areas in downtown city about its scarcity.
Official vehicles will be carrying the essential supplies
in the evening and people at large have been requested to
maintain calm and allow the distribution of food items.
Omar also took stock of the availability of medicines in
various hospitals and directed the Health Ministry to airlift
medicines, if required.
He lauded doctors and para-medical staff for discharging
their duties in difficult circumstances. He also asked the
Health Department to ensure food for the attendants of the
Curfew remained clamped today in the Kashmir Valley which
witnessed overnight clashes between stone-pelting protestors
and security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city