J&K CM Omar Abdullah slams separatist outfits
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has issued a warning to separatist outfits and militants to stop instigating the masses to oppose the duly elected state government.
Speaking over the weekend, after militants had gunned down a hotel bellboy and injured couple of others, Abdullah, who was inaugurating a development project, said certain adverse elements were hell bent upon disrupting peace and progress of the state.
“Please take special care of one particular aspect that not everyone here is our friend. The more we try to maintain peace and harmony, some elements or the other disrupt our overall amity, be it through the use of weapons or microphones,” said Abdullah.
Further, he slammed separatist leaders for fuelling emotions among locals to rise against the state government just to satiate their ill-motivated ends.
“It is not right to threaten and kill people over baseless lies. They tried their level best to disturb peace here, because it is against their intentions to witness harmony in the valley region. They would not be in a favourable condition, if I come downtown to interact with the people. They want to widen the gap between the government and locals for their own benefits,” added Abdullah.
At least three to four armed ultras opened fire outside the Silver Star Hotel located in Nowgam, on the outskirts of Srinagar, on October 19, killing the hotel’s bellboy on the spot.
Immediately, security personnel rushed to the spot and cordoned off the area, but by then the militants had managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan