J&K CM Omar Abdullah slams separatist outfits
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has issued a warning to separatist outfits and militants to stop instigating the masses to oppose the duly elected state government.
Speaking over the weekend, after militants had gunned down a hotel bellboy and injured couple of others, Abdullah, who was inaugurating a development project, said certain adverse elements were hell bent upon disrupting peace and progress of the state.
“Please take special care of one particular aspect that not everyone here is our friend. The more we try to maintain peace and harmony, some elements or the other disrupt our overall amity, be it through the use of weapons or microphones,” said Abdullah.
Further, he slammed separatist leaders for fuelling emotions among locals to rise against the state government just to satiate their ill-motivated ends.
“It is not right to threaten and kill people over baseless lies. They tried their level best to disturb peace here, because it is against their intentions to witness harmony in the valley region. They would not be in a favourable condition, if I come downtown to interact with the people. They want to widen the gap between the government and locals for their own benefits,” added Abdullah.
At least three to four armed ultras opened fire outside the Silver Star Hotel located in Nowgam, on the outskirts of Srinagar, on October 19, killing the hotel’s bellboy on the spot.
Immediately, security personnel rushed to the spot and cordoned off the area, but by then the militants had managed to escape.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!