J&K CM Omar Abdullah slams separatist outfits
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has issued a warning to separatist outfits and militants to stop instigating the masses to oppose the duly elected state government.
Speaking over the weekend, after militants had gunned down a hotel bellboy and injured couple of others, Abdullah, who was inaugurating a development project, said certain adverse elements were hell bent upon disrupting peace and progress of the state.
“Please take special care of one particular aspect that not everyone here is our friend. The more we try to maintain peace and harmony, some elements or the other disrupt our overall amity, be it through the use of weapons or microphones,” said Abdullah.
Further, he slammed separatist leaders for fuelling emotions among locals to rise against the state government just to satiate their ill-motivated ends.
“It is not right to threaten and kill people over baseless lies. They tried their level best to disturb peace here, because it is against their intentions to witness harmony in the valley region. They would not be in a favourable condition, if I come downtown to interact with the people. They want to widen the gap between the government and locals for their own benefits,” added Abdullah.
At least three to four armed ultras opened fire outside the Silver Star Hotel located in Nowgam, on the outskirts of Srinagar, on October 19, killing the hotel’s bellboy on the spot.
Immediately, security personnel rushed to the spot and cordoned off the area, but by then the militants had managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees