J&K coming up with a shooting range at Nagrota
Jammu: The state government is coming up
with a world class shooting range at Nagrota at an
estimated cost of Rs 649 lakh to raise the profile of the
sport in Jammu and Kashmir, the minister for Youth Services
and Sports R S Chib said.
"To attract more youth towards shooting activities, a
shooting range-cum-open play field has been taken at Nagrota
in Jammu at an estimated cost of Rs 649 lakh," Chib said
during a discussion in the Legislative Assembly here on the
demand of grants.
The minister revealed that a total of 7,95,584 students
participated in different sports activities at zonal, district
and state level, of which 1,324 participated at the various
national-level events in 2011-12.
He said the main thrust of the department is to encourage
adventure sports, organising youth and cultural festivals at
national and domestic levels and development of play fields in
Giving details of the various activities undertaken by
his ministry, Chib said the government is building a Physical
Education College at Gadoora in Ganderbal to provide proper
training in physical education to the students.
He added that out of total cost of Rs 30.39 crore, an
amount of Rs 9.50 crore has been placed at the disposal of
JKPCC for the execution of the project.
Chib also informed that a multi-facility sports complex,
at an estimated cost of Rs 18.91 crore, is coming up at
Gindun, Raj Bagh in Srinagar.
The minister revealed that the department has developed
302 play fields by utilising Rs 4.90 crore during 2011-12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'