J&K: Cong MP`s brother arrested for illegal mining
Kathua: Six people, including the brother of a Congress MP, were on Friday arrested for illegal mining in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Sohan Singh, who is the brother of Lal Singh a Congress member of Parliament from Udhampur, was among the six arrested from Sahar Khad riverine belt in Kathua for illegal mining, a police spokesman said.
District Magistrate has already banned mining in river beds in several riverine areas of Kathua and the six held were found carrying out illegal mining within one-kilometre area of national highway and railway bridges, he said.
The five other arrested include Raman, Darshan Singh, Sunil Kumar, Jarinder Kumar and Surjit Singh -- all residents of Kathua district.
Sohan, however, was granted bail from the Chief Judicial Magistrate court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown