J&K: Cong MP`s brother arrested for illegal mining
Kathua: Six people, including the brother of a Congress MP, were on Friday arrested for illegal mining in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Sohan Singh, who is the brother of Lal Singh a Congress member of Parliament from Udhampur, was among the six arrested from Sahar Khad riverine belt in Kathua for illegal mining, a police spokesman said.
District Magistrate has already banned mining in river beds in several riverine areas of Kathua and the six held were found carrying out illegal mining within one-kilometre area of national highway and railway bridges, he said.
The five other arrested include Raman, Darshan Singh, Sunil Kumar, Jarinder Kumar and Surjit Singh -- all residents of Kathua district.
Sohan, however, was granted bail from the Chief Judicial Magistrate court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read