J&K: Cong MP`s brother arrested for illegal mining
Kathua: Six people, including the brother of a Congress MP, were on Friday arrested for illegal mining in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Sohan Singh, who is the brother of Lal Singh a Congress member of Parliament from Udhampur, was among the six arrested from Sahar Khad riverine belt in Kathua for illegal mining, a police spokesman said.
District Magistrate has already banned mining in river beds in several riverine areas of Kathua and the six held were found carrying out illegal mining within one-kilometre area of national highway and railway bridges, he said.
The five other arrested include Raman, Darshan Singh, Sunil Kumar, Jarinder Kumar and Surjit Singh -- all residents of Kathua district.
Sohan, however, was granted bail from the Chief Judicial Magistrate court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review