J&K court directs govt to seal hotels without sewage plants
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir High Court today directed the state government to seal all the hotels in Gulmarg tourist resort which have not installed Sewerage Treatment Plants (STP).
A division bench comprising Chief Justice M M Kumar and Justice M H Attar directed the state government to seal the hotels which have more than 19 rooms and have not installed the STPs in their establishments till date.
The court also directed the respondents including the state and Pollution Control Board to submit a compliance report on the directions by Saturday.
Advocate General Mohammad Ishaq Qadri informed the court that the authorities have already suspended operations of seven hotels in Gulmarg which had not complied with the environment policy laid for the resort in north Kashmir.
He also submitted the list of the hotels which had more than 19 rooms but had not installed the STP so far.
The court was hearing a Public Interest Litigation on various irregularities and violations in the Gulmarg master plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley