J&K CPI(M) demands probe into death of woman during raid
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI(M) on Monday demanded a time-bound probe into the death of a woman during a raid by security forces at her residence in south Kashmir`s Kulgam district.
"We demand a time bound magisterial inquiry into the incident to find out the truth. The incident is highly condemnable and a stern action under law must be taken against the culprits," party state secretary Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami said in a statement here.
Nazira Begum (55) suffered heart attack when a joint team of police and Army raided her house in village Chadder in Kulgam district late last night, police said.
The woman was taken to a hospital but was declared dead on arrival.
However, local residents alleged that the woman was beaten up by the raiding party and took to streets this morning in protest against the alleged high-handedness of the security forces.
The CPI(M) leader demanded the immediate release of the youth, who have been arrested by police on charges of stone-pelting during the protests following the execution of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
He also asked the Centre to return the mortal remains of Guru to his family for the last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons