J&K custodial death: Inquiry an eye wash, says BJP
Jammu: BJP in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday
demanded a CBI probe into the alleged custodial death of a NC
worker, saying an inquiry by the state`s crime branch into the
incident would be just an "eye wash".
"We demand a CBI probe into cash-for-post scam and death
of NC worker Yousuf Mohammad. The state government should hand
over the case to CBI for an impartial probe," state BJP
president Shamsher Singh Manhas told reporters here.
Death of Yousuf has exposed the real face of Omar-led
government, he said adding that the incident has proved that
government is not only patronising corruption but is itself
steeped in corrupt practices.
"Yousuf was silenced fearing that his survival may result
into exposure of the National Conference," Manhas said, adding
that an "inquiry by state`s crime branch will only be an eye
The BJP leader accused the NC-Congress coalition of
playing mischief with the people by ordering investigation by
the Crime Branch.
"How can an impartial inquiry be expected when Chief
Minister Omar Abdullah is heading the Home department himself,
under whom the Crime Branch of Jammu and Kashmir police
directly functions", Manhas asked.
He also accused the state government of being involved in
a scam in which votes of BJP legislators were bought in
Council elections in April this year.
"Seven BJP MLAs voted for the coalition candidate by
cross-voting in LC polls on April 13. They did not vote for
BJP candidate and defied the whip. Allegation of giving money
for votes were leveled and BJP suspended 7 of them including
BJP Legislature Party leader Chaman Lal Gupta," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...