J&K custodial death: PDP demands CBI inquiry
Kathua: Demanding a CBI probe into the alleged
custodial death of ruling NC worker Syed Mohammad Yusuf Shah,
Opposition PDP on Sunday held a demonstration and burnt an effigy
of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Kathua district.
Led by PDP district unit chief Surinder Singh and General
Secretary Vinod Gupta, over 200 PDP activists took out a
protest march here raising anti-Omar slogans and burnt an
effigy of the Chief Minister.
The protesters also demanded a CBI inquiry into the
alleged connection between Shah`s death and his startling
disclosure that amount as much as nearly Rs one crore was
exchanging hands to purchase an MLC seat.
"Omar should be ready for a fair and transparent probe
into alleged political payoffs. The CBI must be called to
bring the truth behind the death in the open as names of
powerful people have been linked to the case," Singh told
He also demanded resignation of the Chief Minister and his
father and Union minister Farooq Abdullah.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on