J&K custodial death: PDP demands CBI inquiry
Kathua: Demanding a CBI probe into the alleged
custodial death of ruling NC worker Syed Mohammad Yusuf Shah,
Opposition PDP on Sunday held a demonstration and burnt an effigy
of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Kathua district.
Led by PDP district unit chief Surinder Singh and General
Secretary Vinod Gupta, over 200 PDP activists took out a
protest march here raising anti-Omar slogans and burnt an
effigy of the Chief Minister.
The protesters also demanded a CBI inquiry into the
alleged connection between Shah`s death and his startling
disclosure that amount as much as nearly Rs one crore was
exchanging hands to purchase an MLC seat.
"Omar should be ready for a fair and transparent probe
into alleged political payoffs. The CBI must be called to
bring the truth behind the death in the open as names of
powerful people have been linked to the case," Singh told
He also demanded resignation of the Chief Minister and his
father and Union minister Farooq Abdullah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka: KSRTC strike affects commuters, Bengaluru worst hit
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Lionel Messi's new look: The hair bleach fever has caught the Argentine legend – Pic inside!
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea