J&K custodial death: PDP demands CBI inquiry
Kathua: Demanding a CBI probe into the alleged
custodial death of ruling NC worker Syed Mohammad Yusuf Shah,
Opposition PDP on Sunday held a demonstration and burnt an effigy
of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in Kathua district.
Led by PDP district unit chief Surinder Singh and General
Secretary Vinod Gupta, over 200 PDP activists took out a
protest march here raising anti-Omar slogans and burnt an
effigy of the Chief Minister.
The protesters also demanded a CBI inquiry into the
alleged connection between Shah`s death and his startling
disclosure that amount as much as nearly Rs one crore was
exchanging hands to purchase an MLC seat.
"Omar should be ready for a fair and transparent probe
into alleged political payoffs. The CBI must be called to
bring the truth behind the death in the open as names of
powerful people have been linked to the case," Singh told
He also demanded resignation of the Chief Minister and his
father and Union minister Farooq Abdullah.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory