J&K Custodial death: Post-mortem report awaited
Jammu: Inquest proceedings and magisterial probe have started in the custodial death of an undertrial here, police said on Sunday, maintaining that they were awaiting the post mortem report of the deceased.
"Inquest proceeding under section 174 of CrPC has been initiated at Miran Sahib police station to ascertain the cause of death," the police said.
Sarfu Ram of Khour belt of Akhnoor tehsil was found hanging at Joint Interrogation Centre of the CID wing of Police at Miran Sahib on August 17.
However, his family alleged that he was brutally murdered as he had disclosed names of some police officers linked to him.
In the custodial death case of Sarfu, who was a famous trans-border smuggler, an independent magisterial enquiry has already been started, the police said.
The post mortem report of the deceased was awaited, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi