J&K Custodial death: Post-mortem report awaited
Jammu: Inquest proceedings and magisterial probe have started in the custodial death of an undertrial here, police said on Sunday, maintaining that they were awaiting the post mortem report of the deceased.
"Inquest proceeding under section 174 of CrPC has been initiated at Miran Sahib police station to ascertain the cause of death," the police said.
Sarfu Ram of Khour belt of Akhnoor tehsil was found hanging at Joint Interrogation Centre of the CID wing of Police at Miran Sahib on August 17.
However, his family alleged that he was brutally murdered as he had disclosed names of some police officers linked to him.
In the custodial death case of Sarfu, who was a famous trans-border smuggler, an independent magisterial enquiry has already been started, the police said.
The post mortem report of the deceased was awaited, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened