J&K Custodial death: Post-mortem report awaited
Jammu: Inquest proceedings and magisterial probe have started in the custodial death of an undertrial here, police said on Sunday, maintaining that they were awaiting the post mortem report of the deceased.
"Inquest proceeding under section 174 of CrPC has been initiated at Miran Sahib police station to ascertain the cause of death," the police said.
Sarfu Ram of Khour belt of Akhnoor tehsil was found hanging at Joint Interrogation Centre of the CID wing of Police at Miran Sahib on August 17.
However, his family alleged that he was brutally murdered as he had disclosed names of some police officers linked to him.
In the custodial death case of Sarfu, who was a famous trans-border smuggler, an independent magisterial enquiry has already been started, the police said.
The post mortem report of the deceased was awaited, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida