J&K Custodial death: Post-mortem report awaited
Jammu: Inquest proceedings and magisterial probe have started in the custodial death of an undertrial here, police said on Sunday, maintaining that they were awaiting the post mortem report of the deceased.
"Inquest proceeding under section 174 of CrPC has been initiated at Miran Sahib police station to ascertain the cause of death," the police said.
Sarfu Ram of Khour belt of Akhnoor tehsil was found hanging at Joint Interrogation Centre of the CID wing of Police at Miran Sahib on August 17.
However, his family alleged that he was brutally murdered as he had disclosed names of some police officers linked to him.
In the custodial death case of Sarfu, who was a famous trans-border smuggler, an independent magisterial enquiry has already been started, the police said.
The post mortem report of the deceased was awaited, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees