J&K Custodial death: Post-mortem report awaited
Jammu: Inquest proceedings and magisterial probe have started in the custodial death of an undertrial here, police said on Sunday, maintaining that they were awaiting the post mortem report of the deceased.
"Inquest proceeding under section 174 of CrPC has been initiated at Miran Sahib police station to ascertain the cause of death," the police said.
Sarfu Ram of Khour belt of Akhnoor tehsil was found hanging at Joint Interrogation Centre of the CID wing of Police at Miran Sahib on August 17.
However, his family alleged that he was brutally murdered as he had disclosed names of some police officers linked to him.
In the custodial death case of Sarfu, who was a famous trans-border smuggler, an independent magisterial enquiry has already been started, the police said.
The post mortem report of the deceased was awaited, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday