J&K DG prisons reviewed Srinagar Central Jail security
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Director General of prisons has reviewed security of the Central Jail here and directed the jail authorities to provide all assistance to the inmates and their visitors as laid down under the jail manual.
K Rajendra Kumar visited the Central Jail Srinagar yesterday and chaired a security review meeting which was attended by senior CRPF officers, Srinagar Deputy Commissioner Farooq Ahmad Shah, SSP Srinagar S A H Bukhari and SP Central Jail Mohammad Ayub, a police spokesman said today.
During the meeting, the spokesman said the DG Prisons directed measures for maintaining fool proof security in the jail.
Kumar also interacted with the jail inmates in the barracks and inquired from the prisoners about the facilities being provided to them by the Jail authorities, the spokesman said.
He said the Jail inmates expressed their satisfaction over the facilities like medical, diet and other recreational facilities provided to them.
The DG Prison also inspected the `langer` (kitchen) in the jail premises, the spokesman said, adding Kumar met with visitors at the Jail and gave patient hearing to their grievances.
The spokesman said Kumar directed the jail authorities to provide all assistance to the jail inmates and their visitors as laid down under the Jail Manual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city