J&K DGP reviews Amarnath yatra security
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police K Rajendra Kumar on Tuesday reviewed the security arrangements for the forthcoming annual Amarnath yatra commencing from June 28.
Stressing to evolve a joint mechanism and planning to ensure peaceful yatra, Kumar emphasised that better synergy among different agencies is pivotal to ensure the yatra in a secure and peaceful atmosphere.
The DGP`s meeting with senior officials discussed security and other arrangements for the two-month long yatra, an official spokesman said here.
He was briefed by various officials, including Divisional Commissioner, Kashmir, Shailendra Kumar and IGP, Kashmir Zone, A G Mir regarding the preparedness of their respective areas of jurisdiction to keep the routes leading to the holy cave hassle-free and safe for pilgrims.
Kumar said people`s cooperation is must for keeping law and order maintained and the field staff should develop sincere relationship with the pilgrims and public to conduct the yatra smoothly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Fundamental question is 'who took the bribe', stresses Manohar Parrikar
- Kanhaiya Kumar is in Patna - know why
- WATCH: RPS vs GL - When Dwayne Bravo tried to 'intimidate' Mahendra Singh Dhoni during Match 25
- Fourteen killed in Nairobi floods and building collapse