J&K DGP reviews Amarnath yatra security
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police K Rajendra Kumar on Tuesday reviewed the security arrangements for the forthcoming annual Amarnath yatra commencing from June 28.
Stressing to evolve a joint mechanism and planning to ensure peaceful yatra, Kumar emphasised that better synergy among different agencies is pivotal to ensure the yatra in a secure and peaceful atmosphere.
The DGP`s meeting with senior officials discussed security and other arrangements for the two-month long yatra, an official spokesman said here.
He was briefed by various officials, including Divisional Commissioner, Kashmir, Shailendra Kumar and IGP, Kashmir Zone, A G Mir regarding the preparedness of their respective areas of jurisdiction to keep the routes leading to the holy cave hassle-free and safe for pilgrims.
Kumar said people`s cooperation is must for keeping law and order maintained and the field staff should develop sincere relationship with the pilgrims and public to conduct the yatra smoothly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed