J&K Disaster Rescue Force trashes media reports
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Disaster Rescue Force on Thursday trashed reports published in a section of media, which purportedly projected an "alarming situation in the state", a day after the department published an advertisement to make people aware about natural and man-made calamities.
"There is no such alarming situation in the state and the news item carried by a section of press is not factually correct," Inspector General of Police (IGP) J&K, Home Guards, Civil Defence and State Disaster Rescue Force (SDRF), Y Koul said.
The State Disaster Response Force, which is headed by an officer of the IGP rank, issued an advertisement in a local English daily yesterday, listing the do`s and dont`s in case of a nuclear, chemical or biological weapons attack.
The IGP clarified that advertisement was published on the eve of first Raising Day of SDRF in public interest to make them aware about the natural and manmade calamities.
He said that it was a routine exercise to raise general awareness and educate people about the preventive measures to be taken in the event of various disasters like floods, earth quake, snow avalanches or manmade disasters.
Build underground bunkers and stock it with food and water to last at least two weeks to prepare for a possible nuclear attack, says the advisory to the people in the state by the disaster response wing of the JK government.
The advisory came against the backdrop of a series of ceasefire violations along the Line of Control which heightened tensions between India and Pakistan.
"Construct and identify basements in your residence where the whole family can stay for a fortnight," the advisory had read.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune